I have problems logging in to DocGS - everytime I try to login I have to request a new password - what is wrong?
Please make sure that you enter your username when logging in to DocGS. Do not enter your email address here, unless you have chosen your email address as your username. You can see your username in DocGS on the top right side next to Welcome.
If you have forgotten your password, please click on request new password. If you have forgotten your username or cannot find it, please contact us: email@example.com
Where and how can I add myself to the doctoral list of my faculty?
You will have to go through the following steps:
- You sign up online with DocGS and enter your personal information.
- You download and print the supervision agreement of your graduate center. Please find the template supervision agreement on the website of your Graduate Center. Then you complete it together with both your supervisor and mentor, and have it countersigned by the graduate center. This is either the graduate center of your faculty or an interdisciplinary graduate center such as the IGSSE, HELENA or the GSB. An overview of all Graduate Centers and the respective link can be found here.
- Then you take the supervision agreement and all documentation required for being added to the doctoral list to the deanery of your faculty. Here, all your documentation will be verified.
- If you have a German degree, you will usually be added to the doctoral list right away. This also makes you a member of your graduate center and the TUM Graduate School.
- If you have a degree obtained abroad, your documentation has to be verified within the TUM and with the DAAD's Certificate Recognition Office. The TUM will do this for you. Once the verification is complete and your degree has been recognized, you will be informed and added to the doctoral list. In case you need to provide further certification, you will be informed by your faculty. In case your application to be added to the doctoral list is denied because prerequisites have not been met, you will receive a notice of rejection.
I cannot create an application for the doctoral candidacy list in DocGS - what is wrong?
If you cannot find an option to create an application when clicking on application doctoral candidacy list, you have already created an application form. You can find the application form by clicking on My Progress in the menu on the right. On the next page you can find your progress tree(s). Please click on the tree Entry into Doctoral Candidacy List by using the + symbol. You get to the application form by clicking on Bewerbung.
I made a mistake in my application for the doctoral candidacy list - what should I do?
After having submitted the application for entry in the doctoral candidady list, changes are not possible anymore. If you have made a mistake or want to change something, e.g. doctoral degree, department or graduate center please write us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what needs to be changed.
What if I wish to do a doctorate at an interdisciplinary graduate center such as the IGSSE or any other TGC?
In this case, please first consult with your supervisor if the Thematic Graduate Center in question is right for you and if they have vacancies there. Then you sign up with DocGS as described above and download the appropriate supervision agreement. Once you have completed it together with your supervisor, go to the Thematic Graduate Center and have them confirm on the supervision agreement that you can become a member. Then you take the supervision agreement to your deanery and have yourself added to the doctoral list, as described above.
Where can I find my confirmation of entry into the doctoral candidacy list?
You can find the confirmation of entry into the doctoral candidacy list in your DocGS account by clicking on My Progress. On the next page you can find your progress tree(s). Please click on the tree Entry into Doctoral Candidacy List by using the + symbol. You can download your confirmation under the section documents - filename Zusage Promotionsliste.
Can I enrol at TUM via DocGS?
Enrolment at TUM is not possible via DocGS. You have to enrol at TUM via TUMonline. To be able to enrol at TUM as a phd student you have to be added to the doctoral candidacy list though and the entry into doctoral candidacy list is processed in DocGS. Please find further information on enrolment here.
When do I have to confirm my data in DocGS?
During July 1st and September 30th you must confirm your data in DocGS. As soon as data confirmation period starts you will receive an email from DocGS with all necessary information. Please make sure that your email address in DocGS is always up-to-date.
The form for data confirmation is in your progress tree 'Qualification Program and Data Confirmation'.
Where can I find the form for title page and sworn statement?
I stopped my doctoral project - how can I be removed officially from doctoral candidacy list?
To be removed officially from TUM doctoral candidacy list you need to sign a request for removal from doctoral candidacy list. You receive that form in the dean's office of your department / degree awarding institution.
Contact persons for further questions:
If you have any questions or comments on DocGS, please contact the Management Office of the TUM-GS (email@example.com).
At the faculties and institutions providing doctorates, please directly contact the deanery of your faculty or institution providing doctorates.
Here you find a list of the contact persons at the graduate centers of the TUM Graduate School.
Here you find the contact persons at the registration office.
Contact persons at the doctorate office:
Medicine and mechanical engineering
MCTS, MSE, TUM Campus Straubing, TUM School of Governance and TUM School of Management
All other departments