|Module 2, Course 6: Work-Life Balance (July 28-29, 2021)||28.07.2021 09:00 - 17:00 (Mi)|
|Module 2, Course 6: Work-Life Balance (July 28-29, 2021)||29.07.2021 09:00 - 17:00 (Do)|
As a doctoral candidate the percentage of time you spend working will be high, leading to less free time of a day or week, and life might seem like one long work day after another. Many of us never leave work at all. It is still in our heads - when we are travelling home, when we are with our family or friends, and even when we are trying to get to sleep at night.During these times it`s important for you to know what drains and fuels you. To understand your personal causes of imbalance and stress and what to do against it. You will assess your current work life balance and which possibilities exist to balance your life. You will learn different methods to cope with stress.
Learning goals/ benefits
- Assessing current work life balance and how it affects us
- Strengthening the own sources of energy
- (Re-)gaining an understanding of the own circle of influence
- Reflecting on causes of stress and how to deal with and prevent them
- Learning strategies to plan and work more efficiently
- Setting priorities and acting accordingly
The training will take part virtually. It will be a mix of:
- Work in small groups and pairs
- Short and interactive trainer-inputs
- Feedback and discussion
Monique Spann will conduct this course in English.
Monique Spann studied Intercultural Organizational and Personal Development at the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena. Currently she works as a consultant, trainer and mediator for system worx, a systemic Consultancy in Munich, that focuses on cultural development and change within organizations. In trainings and seminars she works with different people from managers and employees to young professionals and doctorial candidates regarding topics such as team development, intercultural collaboration, time and self-management as well as professional orientation.